In business, as in life, it is critical that you manage your decisions
Bad things happen.
Super success happens.
And each one of these can affect your ability to make good decisions.
And stress occurs when decisions are difficult to make.
So here are 5 tips to mind your decisions and keep your thoughts able to make those decisions that support your business.
- Perfection does not exist in business. Aim to make a decision based on current available information. Focus the decision on your buyer. Make sure your decision lets the buyer know that you care. Make decisions so that your staff stay on track to achieve your business purpose. Your decision to keep your word is more important than doing something right according to someone else.
- Listen to other people’s point of view and ask what they expect you to do. Then ask what they would settle for. Always do your best. Your best is all you can ever do. Make a decision based on what you can deliver that meets your buyer’s expectations.
- Stay open to feedback. Ask questions and avoid assuming you know what the other person will think or do in that situation. Your decisions need to be made on what is known rather than what you assume to be relevant.
- Take nothing personally. It’s all personal but only to the person talking. Learn to listen to your heart (or gut) and act responsibly when you make a decision.
- Regret nothing. Make everything a learning exercise. Decide to never repeat mistakes.
This will keep you focused on what matters most. It will help you find a better way of moving forward and give you an opportunity to achieve your vision on a daily basis.
Decide today to always work on purpose for the greater good of your buyers.
That will be better for your business in the future.
Simplifier, Presenter, Mentor